You signed in with another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.You switched accounts on another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session.Dismiss alert
If there would be any volunteers that would update and maintain this repository would be there any chances that @Intellicode give them some access to the code to keep this module alive?
That would certainly be possible, but since this module is used in quite some projects I will have to be cautious about providing access to someone. My preference would be to partner up with a group or company that is active in the React Native scene.
Reacted by Romick2005, Randall71, Michaël De Boey, Fedir Ushakov, Gabriel Pérez and Nikita K
@Intellicode I think this repo qualifies to be transferred to the newly created official ESLint community org (@eslint-community).
We do have some acceptance criteria though.
I think the best approach would be to write up for each criteria point why you think this repo is adhering it, so the community core team can decide if it would be a good idea to move this repo or not.
As I see this personally, this would be just a formality for this repo, but having it in writing by the core maintainer, it would help us a lot when discussing if we want to include the plugin into the new org or not.
Bear in mind: we're not necessarily familiar with React Native, but the goal of this new org is to have a place where community members can help ensure widely depended upon ESLint related packages stay up to date with newer ESLint releases and doesn't hold the wider community back without depending on one person's GitHub/npm account.
You would still be the main maintainer, but it would (probably) be easier to attract new maintainers or at least minor upgrades are guaranteed by the community core team to keep this plugin working with latest ESLint versions.
Reacted by Bryan Mishkin, Dylan Myers, Cristian Merino, Ivan, Domagoj Vukovic, Tom Hastjarjanto, Fedir Ushakov, Jeroen van Warmerdam, Nikita K and David Leuliette
Thanks for your answer, I will consider writing up a proposal for being included in the community org, it looks like it could be a nice new home for this plugin!
Reacted by Michaël De Boey, Fedir Ushakov, Gabriel Pérez, Nikita K and David Leuliette
Hello, I'm interested in helping out. I currently use RN professionally, so I'm familiar with it. I currently have been maintaining a fork of the RxJS ESLint plugin over at https://github.com/JasonWeinzierl/eslint-plugin-rxjs-x .
I could fork this repository and re-publish it separately, but I'm also open to maintaining the existing package.
@Intellicode I'd like to help with this if the offer is still open, and I want to be realistic that you said back in 2022 you'd rather partner with a group than hand access to an individual. That seems sensible to me, so I'm not asking for commit rights.
Two things I can offer instead.
The @eslint-community transfer that @MichaelDeBoey raised still looks like the right home. You mentioned you might write up a proposal against their acceptance criteria. If drafting that is what's been blocking it, I'm happy to do the writing and send it to you to review and submit under your name. That way nothing moves without you.
In the meantime I've opened #342 for the crash in no-raw-text. It's the one first reported in #330 back in March 2023, where an expressionless template literal makes node.expressions[0] undefined and takes down the whole lint run. One {hello} anywhere in a codebase fails the run for everyone. It's a small fix with tests.
For what it's worth @JasonWeinzierl offered here in February and maintains eslint-plugin-rxjs-x, so there's more than one person willing to put time in. If a group is what you want, that's most of one already.
Completely understand if you'd rather leave things as they are. A short reply either way would help people decide whether to keep waiting or move on.
@JasonWeinzierl thanks for the thumbs up. Worth asking you directly since you offered back in February and got no reply either.
If @Intellicode doesn't come back on this, would you want to co maintain a fork rather than either of us doing it alone? You've already done this once with eslint-plugin-rxjs-x so you know what it actually takes, which I don't in the same way. Two names on it also answers the concern he raised in 2022 about handing a widely used plugin to one person.
My thinking on what a fork would need to be worth doing:
Fix the crash in no-raw-text first since that is the one actively breaking lint runs, reported in #330 in March 2023 and still open. I have a fix with tests in #342 that can move across.
Flat config support properly. #333 has been open since February 2024 and #336 got partway there.
Keep the rule names and options identical so it is a drop in replacement, and be explicit in the readme that it is a continuation rather than something new. People need to be able to swap one line in their config and move on.
No rush on this from my side. If Intellicode replies then the eslint-community route is better than anything we would build and I would rather that happened. But if there is still nothing in a month it seems worth one of us doing something, and I would rather it was both of us.
Either way, happy to help with the work if you would rather lead it.
Activity
Intellicode commentedon Sep 23, 2022
That would certainly be possible, but since this module is used in quite some projects I will have to be cautious about providing access to someone. My preference would be to partner up with a group or company that is active in the React Native scene.
bmish commentedon Oct 11, 2022
@MichaelDeBoey would this qualify for @eslint-community as a backup?
I agree that would be best.
MichaelDeBoey commentedon Oct 11, 2022
@Intellicode I think this repo qualifies to be transferred to the newly created official ESLint community org (@eslint-community).
We do have some acceptance criteria though.
I think the best approach would be to write up for each criteria point why you think this repo is adhering it, so the community core team can decide if it would be a good idea to move this repo or not.
As I see this personally, this would be just a formality for this repo, but having it in writing by the core maintainer, it would help us a lot when discussing if we want to include the plugin into the new org or not.
Bear in mind: we're not necessarily familiar with React Native, but the goal of this new org is to have a place where community members can help ensure widely depended upon ESLint related packages stay up to date with newer ESLint releases and doesn't hold the wider community back without depending on one person's GitHub/
npmaccount.You would still be the main maintainer, but it would (probably) be easier to attract new maintainers or at least minor upgrades are guaranteed by the community core team to keep this plugin working with latest ESLint versions.
Intellicode commentedon Nov 12, 2022
@MichaelDeBoey Sorry for the late reply!
Thanks for your answer, I will consider writing up a proposal for being included in the community org, it looks like it could be a nice new home for this plugin!
Softverovich commentedon Jul 18, 2024
@Intellicode can we get a pulse check on this?
JasonWeinzierl commentedon Feb 22, 2026
Hello, I'm interested in helping out. I currently use RN professionally, so I'm familiar with it. I currently have been maintaining a fork of the RxJS ESLint plugin over at https://github.com/JasonWeinzierl/eslint-plugin-rxjs-x .
I could fork this repository and re-publish it separately, but I'm also open to maintaining the existing package.
theRizwan commentedon Aug 14, 2026
@Intellicode I'd like to help with this if the offer is still open, and I want to be realistic that you said back in 2022 you'd rather partner with a group than hand access to an individual. That seems sensible to me, so I'm not asking for commit rights.
Two things I can offer instead.
The @eslint-community transfer that @MichaelDeBoey raised still looks like the right home. You mentioned you might write up a proposal against their acceptance criteria. If drafting that is what's been blocking it, I'm happy to do the writing and send it to you to review and submit under your name. That way nothing moves without you.
In the meantime I've opened #342 for the crash in
no-raw-text. It's the one first reported in #330 back in March 2023, where an expressionless template literal makesnode.expressions[0]undefined and takes down the whole lint run. One{hello}anywhere in a codebase fails the run for everyone. It's a small fix with tests.For what it's worth @JasonWeinzierl offered here in February and maintains eslint-plugin-rxjs-x, so there's more than one person willing to put time in. If a group is what you want, that's most of one already.
Completely understand if you'd rather leave things as they are. A short reply either way would help people decide whether to keep waiting or move on.
theRizwan commentedon Aug 14, 2026
@JasonWeinzierl thanks for the thumbs up. Worth asking you directly since you offered back in February and got no reply either.
If @Intellicode doesn't come back on this, would you want to co maintain a fork rather than either of us doing it alone? You've already done this once with eslint-plugin-rxjs-x so you know what it actually takes, which I don't in the same way. Two names on it also answers the concern he raised in 2022 about handing a widely used plugin to one person.
My thinking on what a fork would need to be worth doing:
Fix the crash in no-raw-text first since that is the one actively breaking lint runs, reported in #330 in March 2023 and still open. I have a fix with tests in #342 that can move across.
Flat config support properly. #333 has been open since February 2024 and #336 got partway there.
Keep the rule names and options identical so it is a drop in replacement, and be explicit in the readme that it is a continuation rather than something new. People need to be able to swap one line in their config and move on.
No rush on this from my side. If Intellicode replies then the eslint-community route is better than anything we would build and I would rather that happened. But if there is still nothing in a month it seems worth one of us doing something, and I would rather it was both of us.
Either way, happy to help with the work if you would rather lead it.